Old City Center House + Cinema Room, Pool and Bar 074
This little Oasis is part of UNESCO heritage and has a famous history – right in the heart of Cartagena’s busy “Old City”. This serene villa has it all with a beautiful pool, high colonial ceilings and unique interior with wall paintings. Our specials: Personalised map, CINEMA room and Netflix, whiskey bar, a loaded Corona fridge and snacks (drinks and snacks not included in the price) The perfect house to relax. Please read more info below!
The structure of the house is unique and famous as it was once ‘Casa de la Chicheria’. A house where a traditional Colombian liquor “Chicha” was made 500 years ago. You are tucked away in a serene villa but immersed in one of the best and most central areas of the UNESCO historic city. Sleep peacefully, shielded from the busy atmosphere of tourists.
The key to this house will lead you directly into the entrance and living room; an airy space with high colonial ceilings enriches the charming vacation feeling. It looks out onto the street which is the famous Teatro Heredia.
With a large table and barstools, it is the perfect place to either work or to dine. Adjacent to this area is the well-equipped kitchen and separate chill-out area.
What says “Welcome home” more than a beer from the fridge filled with ice-cold Coronas or a cheeky Whiskey from the bar (Optional – so NOT included in the price of the house)
Don’t feel like something alcoholic? Grab a glass of cold water from the dispenser/ ice machine or a cup of coffee from the Nespresso machine.
In addition we have bottles of red and white wine for a small price and we are happy to take requests whilst booking!
The beautiful plunge pool is surrounded by plants and is the heart of the house. All common areas around it have ceilings but no central walls in between so you literally live outside in an open Oasis.
We have created a cinema room where you can hide your hangover in the cold air conditioning and give in to your Netflix addiction All-Day-Long! This room is complete with snacks like chocolate, popcorn etc for a small price. Upstairs? Queen size bed viewing. Downstairs? View from the couch.
The House comes with:
– Fully stocked bar where we sell: Coronas, Whiskey, Rum, Tequila, Vodka, Wine, Snacks.
– Patio with plunge pool
– Fully equipped cinema room with Netflix access
– Indoor swing
– Nespresso machine (cups available for a small price)
– Nespresso Milk Frother machine.
– Drip coffee machine (coffee powder included)
– Water dispenser
– Personalized map of Cartagena
– Pepper, salt, olive oil and vinegar (included)
The house can comfortably welcome up to 12 guests in a total of 6 rooms.
– 4 Rooms are located on the ground floor. All equipped with ensuites, high ceilings, natural light, windows and pool view (1x king and 3x double bed)
– 1 x spacious and bright room on the 1st floor (queen-size)
– 1 x cinema room with queen size bed (+ option for extra person on the couch)
– We also have a house 2 doors down from the Oasis that can host up to another 10 people. So if you have a larger group we have a solution!
Summary Of Rooms
– Fresh sheets and fluffy towels
– Brand new AC and fans
– Flat-screen smart TVs
– Free Netflix access
– Ensuite bathrooms in every bedroom
– No warm water
– Shower gel/ shampoo
– Toilet paper
– Iron and ironing board
– Safe + lock on doors
– Free wifi internet access
– Large work/dining table- we have a freezer which comes pre-loaded with ice
– Generous chill-out area
– Private entrance so 24-hour access
We offer a lot, warm water is not one of them, as since we can’t reconstruct the old Unesco walls… but who cares? In the sweatiest city of Colombia, you will be happy to have a good cold stream of water in your neck!
– Daily cleaning
– Laundry service
– Airport transfer
– Multilingual tour guide
– Bike rental
– Boat/Yacht Rental
Our guests have exclusive access to the entire house!
Other Things To Note
The house has a long and interesting history. Curious? Just ask and I will be happy to tell you more in advance or at arrival.
Without a doubt, Cartagena’s Old Town is its principal attraction, consisting of the historical districts of El Centro and San Diego. The area is a true gem of colonial architecture, packed with churches, monasteries, plazas, palaces, and mansions with their overhanging balconies and shady patios. The best approach to experiencing Old Town is to wander leisurely, savoring the architectural details, street life, and local snacks along the way. The best restaurants and bars in the city are all within a few minutes’ walk and transport to and from the house is easy to arrange. Whether you’re arriving from the airport, visiting the sights or setting off to the marina to spend a day at sea this is the perfect area to base yourself for your stay in Cartagena.